Sunday 14 January 2018

Chestnut Timbales

Greetings!

Tonight I thought I would share a recipe that I discovered in Viva! Magazine. It is quick and simple and perhaps a little different from your normal patty.

Chestnuts don't necessarily mean christmas now, with the already cooked and peeled and sealed chestnuts you can get all year round - and these served as a perfect lunch for me! My favourite combination was with some mango chutney or sweet chilli sauce. But you might come up with other alternatives, let me know! I have a recipe for mango chutney here if you want to give it a go!

Chestnut Timbales (Makes 6)


Ingredients
45g vegan margarine
1 red onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
100g pine nuts or cashews, finely chopped
125g breadcrumbs
1/2 lemon
60g (smoked) vegans cheese, grated
170g artichokes in oil (drained weight), chopped
200g ready cooked and peeled chestnuts, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp linseeds plus 2 tbsp warm water (or other egg-replacer for one egg)
2 tbsp each chopped fresh parsley, sage and thyme (use dry if you have them at hand)

- In a large pan, heat the butter and fry the onion and garlig forabout five minutes. Add nuts, breadcrumbs, rind and juice of half the lemon, cheese, artichoke and chestnuts. Season and stir in the egg-replacer (linseed mix)and the herbs.

- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Divide the mixture into six, then with firm hands - shape into patties. If you do have baking rings, you can press themfirmly into these and bake, but I just shaped them by hand! Place on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes - et voila! Perfect in a roll with some chutney (mango chutney was my favourite!), or you can have it with vegan cheese, or cranberry sauce - whatever tickles your fancy!


I hope you have had a lovely weekend! I have had some lovely ladies over visiting for chat, movies and snacks, and today my friend Jill make me a delicious vegan chilli with home made vegan garlic mayo and a vegan sour cream - Yum! She even makes her own elderflower wine, and it is delish!

Have a wonderful new week ahead!

xox J

No comments:

Post a Comment