Thursday 4 February 2016

Muhammara

I am a sucker for dips, the more exotic the better! And within a week, two of my favourite blogs posted recipes for muhammara - a red bell pepper and walnut-based dip which tastes fantastic! If you like hummous, you'll like this!

Serve as a snack with wholemeal pita bread and crudites, or serve as part of a main meal!

Muhammara
(Serves 4)


1 red bell pepper
3/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
3 Spring onions, chopped
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1 tsp cumin
A good pinch of salt
1 tbsp agave syrup (or pomegranate molasses)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water

Pomegranate seeds and oil for topping

Pita bread, and vegetable sticks for dipping

- Start by roasting the red bell pepper on high heat in the oven until blistered, wrap in tin foil until the skin is easy to peel of the pepper.

- Have the pepper along with all the other ingredients in a blender and swish until you have a slightly coarse but smooth dip.

- Simply top with pomegranate seeds upon serving, a good drizzle of oil and serve with sides of choice or as part of a main!

We made this as part of three dips (We also made Egyptian Foul Mudammes and Zingy Avocado Hummous!) and it was quite the spread!


What is your absolute favourite veggie dip?

Today, one of my colleague had brought in heart shaped vegetarian jelly sweeties and asked if I would be her Valentine <3 It is cheesyness like this I can deal with, not to mention the slight sugar-high that hit! Giggles in work *smiles*


Original source:
http://warmvanillasugar.com/2016/01/14/muhammara/

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. For some reason, I'm not a fan of dips other than salsa and guacamole (I know, I am so boring!). But I think maybe I should branch out and try more exotic dips. Maybe I will like it! This looks great :)
    Have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Cathleen! I hope you are having a good weekend so far too!
      Dips can be a funny one, starting out with the normal tortilla chips is a good start. I remember certain dips like hummous used to still taste like "adult food" for me (silly I know), but now I cannot get enough of the stuff! x

      Delete
  2. SÅ fristende!! Dette har jeg aldri hørt om, men jeg også elsker-elsker dip, og skal helt klart prøve meg på denne. Nam altså!
    God helg til deg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tror dette er "right up your street" Ragnhild, også så sunt :D Håper du liker den :)

      God helg til deg også vennen, håper alt er bra med deg :) Jeg skal på venninne kveld i dag, jente burdagsbesøk, blir koselig :)

      Ha det så bra som bare du kan :) x

      Delete