Wednesday 4 November 2015

Zazou Carrot Salad

I love this little side dish!

The fact that the name of the salad is the same as the funny little grumpy parrot in Lion King certainly peaked my interest when I found this recipe!

I served this as a lunch, along with vegetarian sausaged, and it worked a treat!

Zazou Carrot Salad
(Serves 2)


3-5 carrots, grated
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
3/4 cup tahini (I used the light tahini)
1 1/4 cup water
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)

- Start by mixing the tahini and water, followed by garlic, lemon, sesame oil, soy sauce and the nutritional yeast (if using), then stir in the carrot and parsley.

- Serve as a side to a main meal, or as a lighter bite along with some vegetarian sausages!


Original source:
http://www.thecleandish.com/zazou-carrot-salad-with-lemon-tahini-dressing/

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Haha, that's a funny name for a salad :p My earliest memory is watching The Lion King as a child, and thinking that my nose will look like that when I'm older :p
    I am seriously thinking of making this this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh! Hahah, I am sure you wont change that much! Would be funny if we got beaks when we grew older :P Zazoumans!
      This was really nice! Rose at the Clean Dish knows her stuff :) I hope you have had a great day Cathleen! x

      Delete
  2. Ahh denne skal jeg lage! Så mange gode smaker. Og med tahini <3 Da blir jo alt godt!
    God helg til deg <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah ja ikke sant? Er ikke så glad i tahini bare for seg selv, men det blir alltid magisk i oppskrifter :D Håper du liker denne Ragnhild, og god helg til deg også :) xx

      Delete