Friday 6 November 2015

Honey Glazed Orange with Nuts

Here is a quick little recipe when you fancy a sweet treat any time of the day but haven't yet hit your five-a-day.

Oranges are packed full of vitamin C and as it is getting colder here in the North, we're going to need all the nutrients we can get our paws on. Honey is anti-flammatory, and the nuts contain healthy fats and helps a vegetarian get some extra protein! Not to mention the great crunch!

Honey Glazed Orange with Nuts
(Serves 2)


3 oranges, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp honey (syrup for vegan)
2 handfuls walnuts or mixed nuts

- Simply serve the orange topped with honey and the mixed nuts and enjoy!

Possibly one of the quickest home made sweet treats ever?


Hope you enjoy!

The other day, I bout a monster of a spice cake with me to work, I finished early, but when I came in the next morning - it was demolished! OH and I only figured out the other day when I was making it again that the original recipe doesn't have any eggs in it!

I hope you have had a good week so far? I am off today and on Sunday this week, so trying to make the most of it. I was cooking a little this morning so I have food for the next couple of days already made up - life has been hectic this last month!
The BBC Good Food show is in town this weekend, but I KNOW I would only end up spending way too much money, so I'm spending some quality time with friends instead. What have you got planned for the next couple of days?



Original source:
Friske Vegetariske Oppskrifter, p. 260

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to have this with yogurt for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine that'd go down a treat :D Thanks Sue! x

      Delete
  2. Det enkle er ofte det beste! Jeg synes dette høres ut som en perfekt liten frisk dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunt og godt og perfekt nå når jule appelsinene snart kommer på hyllen :) Håper du har en nydelig søndag Ragnhild :) x

      Delete