Thursday 18 December 2014

Courgette Soup with Roasted Almonds

Courgette! Or zucchini as they say over in 'Murica, they're so versatile, right?

After having walked home in the cold, I figured I would make a small batch of soup for the next couple of days. This recipe is vegan, and topped with dry-roast almonds, it was fantastic, and I had no idea almond and courgette worked so well together! Luckily now I do, and it wont be the last time I pair them together!

Courgette Soup with Roasted Almonds
(Serves 2 as a main)


1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1-3 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 courgette, chopped
250ml (light) soy milk
300ml boiling water
1 heaped tbsp vegetable stock powder, or 1 cube
A handful of almonds

- Have a medium pan over medium high heat and soften the onions for a few minutes, then add the garlic, green pepper and courgette and swirl around for about 5 minutes until the courgette starts to soften.

- Then, add the soy milk, stock, and water and heat until boiling. Use a stick-blender or a food processor and whizz until smooth. Turn the heat down a little.

- Lastly, dry roast the almonds in a small frying pan until darkened. Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with the almonds, and enjoy!

Today, I had the pleasure of going to Tchai Ovna for some delicious vegetarian food with a friend of mine, had it not been for that though, i might have whipped a second batch of this up! Have you every tried soup topped with nuts, discovered any surprisingly good food pairings?

I hope you've had a lovely week so far, and may the weekend be even better!


Inspiration from: Friske Vegetariske Oppskrifter

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Ah yes, the 'murican zucchini... honestly, I like the term courgette better, it sounds fancier. But either one goes! Like the pairing of almond + zucchini, sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, it just sounds like two different vegetables completely, non? Thanks :) I had no idea toasted almonds would work here, but it did :D I hope you have a great weekend! x

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I am loving soup right now! Sounds healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathleen! I have been making a fair few soups myself the last week, and cookies! Gotta keep it balanced ;) x

      Delete