Wednesday 26 November 2014

Pear-Slice Pancakes

Fluffy pancake batter and slices of succulent Autumn fruits - how can you lose?!

This was easy enough to whip up in the morning , and you can mix slices of apple and pear for a bit of a surprise. The cinnamon spice really compliments the fruit, but that goes without saying!


Pear-Slice Pancakes
(Serves 1)

The top fell off a couple of times as I was taking the photos, go figure... I think it looks a little bit like a kiwi-bird...

1 pear (or apple) sliced about 3-4mm thick
1 cup fluffy, thick pancake batter (I used 1 egg, amaranth flour, coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, almond milk and 1 tbsp xylitol - whisk, whisk - leave for five minutes, and it's ready!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A pinch of cardamom or nutmeg
1 tbsp butter or coconut oil

Syrup to serve!

- Make the pancake batter and set aside for 5-10 minutes.

- Slice the pear into rings, and heat the butter or oil into a frying pan on medium-high heat.

- Dip the slices into the pancake batter and fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden.

- Stack them high, and douse your favourite syrup or butter over the top and tuck in!

And on the note of sweets, today my friend Rhea and I went on a little cafê crawl, OK...we only went to two but it was so nice to get to catch up, I hadn't seen her in months!

We came across this tiny little almost Disney-like place where there were three tables, old china plates and saucers hanging on the wall, along with printed fabric bags and cloths, and handmade art for sale. It was great, and as the gingerbread they were selling had come straight out from the oven and had juuuust had the icing drizzled over it, we couldn't help but share a piece. Along with the cake, I had a Mulled Wine latte and Rhea had a deluxe minty hot chocolate.....


Just looks at it! Guess christmas came early ^ ^ What is your absolute sweet Winter comforter? It can be a drink or a cake, or anything else! Perhaps there's a place you visit as a tradition around this time of year?


Original source:
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheComfortOfCooking/~3/xSfBYbtWrtQ/apple-pancake-rings.html

- Jules

10 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look delicious! Such a cute little stack you have :) The mint hot chocolate sounds amazing too... *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June! I had to deconstruct it a little upon eating the tower of pear pancakes, go figure, hehe :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of that pear! It reminds me of the mountain in whoville (the grinch who stole chirstmas). Check it:

    http://scrapathousandwords.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-grinch-game.html

    Also, I want to recreate that hot chocolate. Man that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah you are totally right! I just checked it out - turns out I made a grinch-tastic pear pancake tower, made me snigger :P

      There was no added mint/peppermint to the hot chocolate, so all you have to do is top the hot chocolate with cream, festive sprinkles and add a candy cane on the side. The candy cane melts and gives off the lovely peppermint flavour :D It was the first day the two lovely ladies running the place had served them, and were so pleased it turned out well :D x

      Delete
  3. Så orginalt!! Dette høres godt ut, og ser kjempefint ut også.
    Ha en fin dag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe artig og bruke litt ekstra tid på og lage frokosten litt gøyal :P Er ikke bare små som setter pris på litt fancy frokost ^ ^
      God helg til deg, og ha en fin dag du også! x

      Delete
  4. Gurimalla så kreativt! Dette var virkelig lekkert Julie :)
    Ønsker deg ei god helg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange takk Linda :D Håper du har hatt en trivelig helg frøken :) x

      Delete
  5. Goodness!! I can totally see this being served up for brunch or something (a fancy brunch ;) ). Very original, Jules!! Yeah... taking photos can be a challenge sometimes! I'm glad it worked out in the end ;)

    My favorite winter comfort food is venison goulash. We usually make it around Christmas time (already had it three times so far haha!!) I'm not into sweet drinks although I do appreciate a good hot chocolate sometimes... but in the end, I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. my. gawd! I need the recipe for the venison goulash, because that sounds absolutely delicious :D

      I am not one for drinking my GDA either, except cappuccinos, I am kinda addicted to those... Hah :P Where I work we make pretty tasty hot chocolates and mochas :) Using real chocolate no less!

      I'm so glad you like this idea Rose! You can totally use your favourite pancake batter :) T'was quite tricky to take photos off, but I got the in the end...somewhat :P It would be perfect with a dollop of homemade ice cream :D x

      Delete