Monday 6 October 2014

Choc-a-Lot Smoothie

After having tried making a healthy tamarind drink, only to realise once it was done that I had used the salted preserved tamarind instead of sweet tamarind chutney and finding to my horror that it was...dreadful - I knew I had to redeem myself and make up for the funny faces that I caused my face to pull. I'm sorry face, let's try again...

And so it was that I made the "Good Mood Food"'s smoothie, and it made up for everything wrong and took me beyond - so simple, and so good - for both mind and soul ^ ^ You might wanna double of tripple this recipe, just sayin'!

Choc-a-Lot Smoothie
(Serves 1)


1 cold (or frozen) banana, broken into bits
300ml low-fat natural yogurt (or Alpro!)
1 heaped tbsp cocoa

For sprinkling: I used cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg, but you can use chocolate powder too of course!

- Simply whizz everything smooth either in a smoothie maker or with a stick blender. Pour, sprinkle and enjoy - it doesn't have to be more difficult than that *smiles*

Have you ever had a bit of a funny fail in the kitchen, mixing up ingredients or whatnot? I think most people have been there done that, that's what I tell myself to make me feel less of a fool anyway *starts playing Fool on the Hill by the Beatles*


PS. The evil tamarind drink in question, it looks like the one in the picture alas - tasted nothing like it would have using sweet tamarind!

I hope you have had a great start to your week!


Original source:
Good Mood Food, p. 32

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. Sjokoladeshake- min favoritt!! Denne høres veldig god ut. Selv bruker jeg ofte frosden banan og avokado som base- det blir såååå godt. Og så med kakao, vanilje og slikt.
    klem til deg, og god ny uke♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm ja! Brukte avocado i sjokolade moussen jeg laget for noen dager siden (tidligere postet som sjokolade is, men var for utålmodig til og ha den i fryseren :P), men oppskriften over er lett og god den også :) Du er så flink til og putte det lille ekstra som skal til i oppskriftene dine <3
      Stor klem til deg også :D Nyt mandagen! x

      Delete
  2. This looks like a good post workout smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly fit the bill! I bet you could use a scoop or a half of protein powder as well should you have some at hand, or a tablespoon of peanut butter *ideas come to life* for extra protein ^ ^ I hope you like it!

      Delete