Thursday 11 September 2014

Kiwi & Peach Cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze

Hey you! Yes, come on over here and have a look at this!

Originally this was going to turn into some lovely kiwi muffins, but I had a peach begging me for mercy and with a few alterations of the recipe, it turned into something completely different. And the best of all? The cake itself is sugar free!

My flatmate loved it (unless he was just being polite, but in that case he wouldn't have wanted a second slice!), and said it was almost like a flan. Now, I have never had flan before, but if it's like this - I'll definitely want to try me some, and I hope you give it a go too!


Kiwi & Peach Cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze
(Makes 1 medium-sized cake)


2 eggs
70g xylitol/sukrin gold
2-3 drops Stevia vanilla or vanilla creme
100ml milk (I used almond)
2 kiwis
1 peach
2 tbsp flour of choice (I used extra fibre-flour)
1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
1/2 scoop vanilla powder (or an additional 2 tbsp flour of choice)
2 tbsp coconut flour (or more flour)
1-2 tsp cinammon

For the glaze:
70g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
2 tbsp low-fat yogurt, or soy yogurt, I used the latter

- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.

- Have all the cry ingredients in a big baking bowl first, stir to combine and make a well in the middle and have the remailing ingredients. Stir a little bit more before whizzing it all smooth with a stick blender.

- Pour into a greased tin or cake mould (about 18-20cm diameter) and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before tipping onto a serving plate.

- For the frosting, simply melt the chocolate in a bowl over a casserole with boiling water, and stir in the yogurt, take it off the heat once it's all melted, spread nice and evenly over the cake, and place it in the fridge to set a little before serving.

I hope you like this as much as I did! I had a little bit for breakfast the next day, I couldn't help myself *sneaky grin*


Have a lovely evening!


Recipe by yours truly, with a little help from a completely different recipe!

- Jules

4 comments:

  1. MMM! For en spennende og fristende oppskrift. Den både ser og høres helt nydelig ut. Og så elsker jeg nok kaker er sunne nok til å spise til frokost :D Her blir det garantert et stykke fra gårsdags kake til brunsj ♥
    God lørdag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Må jo kose oss litt innimellom også, sant? ;) Skulle ønske jeg kunne lage denne vegansk også! Kanskje det får bli neste utfordring ^ ^
      Håper du også har en god lørdag frøken! Her skal det jobbes før jeg skal på innflytningsfest til en venninne i kveld :) Spis et lite stykke for meg også xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh that looks amazing! I just love your presentation here, very pretty and elegant. The kiwi stars are so cute :) Sounds very tasty too, the yogurt + chocolate glaze is a terrific idea!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much June! I improvised with the chocolate glaze, wasn't sure what to do, but sometimes the easiest way is the best :D You should give this a go if you've got the chance :) x

      Delete