Sunday 9 February 2014

Quick & Light Egg Salad for One

The concept is simple - just a handful of ingredients, the result? An amazing snack that tastes like something from the deli counter, and it's whipped up in less than a minute if you have a boiled egg waiting for you! Great as a protein boost in the morning if you#re in a hurry, but want to treat yourself.

This portion is enough for a roll, or two slices of bread. Accompany it with whatever you like, or simply let it shine on its own. Along with the crackerbreads I used, it almost tasted like butter-popcorn, funnily enough!

Quick & Light Egg Salad for One
(Serves 1, enough for two slices of bread or a big seedy roll!)

I couldn't help myself before taking the photo, had to test it!

1 hard boiled egg
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tsp dried chives (or fresh! Finely chopped)
A pinch of salt
You can also add seasonings such as a bit of onion powder (yum!), garlic powder or perhaps add some black pepper or Italian herbs like basil or oregano? I kept it simple....this time!

- If you haven't boiled an egg already, now's the time! Make it two...just in case you want more, I sure did after I'd polished this off! Boil for about 8-10 minutes and let it cool (impatient? Drain off the boiling water and keep it under running water for about a minute or so).

- Now, in a small bowl, add the herbs, the mayonnaise, and finally break the egg into it, use a fork to mash it up until you have a nice little egg salad!

- Serve over bread (It would be amazing with smoked salmon I bet!), cracker bread, or perhaps top your salad with it for a bit of extra protein! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did *smiles*

I hope you have had a lovely weekend! Did you get up to anything exciting?
I have got some goodies lined up for the upcoming days, so stay tuned!


Recipe by yours truly,

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment