Friday 10 January 2014

PrOatein Cupcakes

Why hello hello! Had a nice week so far?

I know the weather has been very unpredictable all over the world, in Norway, I didn'r see as much as a snowflake - in December! And in the more Northern States, it has been insanely cold! Come rain or shine, we still need nourishment, and what better way of getting our protein than through - cupcakes?! I reckon it's about time for a sweeter recipe!

Originally, I had jotted down a recipe for oat biscuits, but I opted for protein powder instead of oat flour, and it turned more into a batter, so I decided to turn them into little cupcakes instead. Super easy to make and on 50-60 calories each, that's excluded topping, but even with some lovely glazing, peanut butter, jam, melted chocolate, you can easily treat yourself to at leeeast couple of these (note "at least"!)

PrOatein Cupcakes
(Makes 8-9, about 60-50 calories each)


2 eggs
50g medium oats
25g chocolate protein (or vanilla, but in that case add 1/2 tsp cinnamon for extra flavour!)
1 tsp baking powder
30g sukrin gold, or a few drops of stevia vanilla
3-4 tbsp almond milk, or skimmed milk

- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.

- In a baking bowl, whisk the eggs until light and airy, before adding all the other ingredients. Let the mixture sir for a few minutes, so that the oats get to soften a little. Give it a good final stir, and divide between cupcake cases, about 2/3 full.

- Place them in the middle of the oven, and bake about 12-14 minutes. Now, cool slightly before topping with whatever goodies you can think of and enjoy!

Right after the pictures were taken, I thought - JAM! But I quickly remember how I don't have any jam at the moment, sigh! If you use peanut butter for topping and have a few strawberries, or raspberries, I am sure that'll taste pretty good! A clean version of peanut butter and jelly! I hope you like them!


I only had six silicone muffin cases, and so the batter I would have used to make two cupcakes, I just poured into a small cup and microwaved in two intervalls over a little under a minute (had to pause mid-way, otherwise I'd have had a lot of stuff to clean up, and no CUP cake!). I grated a little dark chocolate over with a Microplane grater I got for christmas from my cousin (you know who you are!), and let it melt slightly...and voila! I had a filling, but healthy dessert - Sometimes, midweek-compromises taste pretty darn good!


Source of inspiration:
http://www.kriweb.no/2013/12/20/havrecookies-og-noen-ord-fra-hjertet/

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment