Wednesday 4 December 2013

Sweet Potato & Roasted Pepper Rosemary Soup

Originally, I saw a "pumpkin and sage" soup and thought - hey! I can make that! Except...I had no pumpkin, squash or sage. Hmmmm! I did have a sweet potato, roasted red peppers and rosemary though, and so I wandered into the kitchen ready to cook up something!

This is a soup that confused me, I don't know why, but it just...did. It does taste nice though, and it will go really well with a slice or two of some nice wholemeal bread! For a less confusing soup, just don't use the rosemary, I think that's what might have thrown me, hehe.

Sweet Potato & Roasted Pepper Rosemary Soup
(...try and say that ten times fast!)
(Serves 2-3, about 350-235 calories each)


1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 fat garlic clove (or two smaller ones), finely chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 large sweet potato (about 525g), peeled and finely sliced/chopped
1 roasted red pepper (about 100g. From jar works!), sliced
1 litre vegetable stock
1 tsp dried rosemary (optional)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Crusty bread to serve

- Start by heating the oil in a pan. Soften the garlic and onion for about 5 minutes, then add your seasoning, and sweet potatoes.

- Stir until evenly coated, before pouring over the stock, sover and simmer until the sweet potato is soft, about 15-20 minutes.

- Add the roasted pepper, then use a stick blender or food processor to whizz the mixture into a lovely, smooth soup. Add more water if you prefer it thinner, I thought this one came out perfectly for my taste! Season to taste, and it's ready to serve!

Now, where's that bread? Ah there it is! Enjoy!

Also, it is the 4th of December, and it was a cheeky monkey who served me a little piece of milk chocolate this morning!


Yesterday, I picked up my first parcel from iHerb! I have ordered from them before, but somehow it got lost in the mail *sighs*, but this time it arrived within less than a week! Pretty impressive if you ask me. Should you be looking into placing your first order with iHerb, you can get a little discount by using the code FTM806


There will probably come a little post with reviews on the products as soon as I have had the chance to try them all!

Have you ordered anything from iHerb before? What are your favourite products? I need tips!


Recipe by yours truly

- Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment